John M. Allen, PharmD, BCPS
Assistant Professor, College Of Medicine Internal Medicine
Assistant Professor, Cop Dept Of Pharmacy Practice
Cop Dept Of Pharmacy Practice
12901 Bruce B. Downs Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33612
Academic Email: email@example.com
Academic Phone: (813) 974-0269
View My C.V.
- PharmD, Pharmacy, Florida A&M University, 2009
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- John M. Allen, PharmD, BCPS is an Assistant Professor at the University of South Florida College of Pharmacy. Dr. Allen graduated with his Doctor of Pharmacy degree (Magna cum laude) in 2009 from Florida A&M University (FAMU) in Tallahassee, FL. He then completed both his PGY-1 residency and PGY-2 residency specializing in Critical Care at Tampa General Hospital in Tampa, FL.
- Dr. Allen is a Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist with professional areas of interest including sedation and analgesia in the critically ill, nutrition in the critically ill and traumatic brain injury. Dr. Allen's research has been presented at both the local and national levels, respectively.
- Dr. Allen is an active member of the American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (ASHP), American Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (A.S.P.E.N.), Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) and the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) and has served on committees within ACCP and SCCM.
- Allen, JM. Understanding vasoactive medications: focus on pharmacology and effective titration. Journal of Infusion Nursing. 37(2) : 82-86, 2014. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24583937
- Wells, DL.Allen, JM. Ventriculoperitoneal shunt infections in adult patients. AACN Advanced Critical Care. 24(1) : 6-12, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23343806
- Gonzalez, RP.Rostas, J.Simmons, JD.Allen, J.Frotan, MA.Brevard, SB. Improved outcome of ventilator-associated pneumonia caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a trauma population. American Journal of Surgery. 205(3) : 255-8, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23375761
- Allen, JM. Vasoactive substances and their effects on nutrition in the critically ill patient. Nutrition in Clinical Practice. 27(3) : 335-9, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22504108
- Allen JM Interpreting Laboratory Data: A Point-of Care Guide, by Justin Schmidt and Jeffrey Wieczorkiewicz Critical Care Medicine. 40(10) : 2929, 2012.
- Allen, J.Alexander, E. Prevention, recognition, and management of delirium in the intensive care unit. AACN Advanced Critical Care. 23(100) : 5-11, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22290083
- Allen J, Alexander E Evaluation of recombinant factor VIIa off-label use at an acute care hospital with established guidelines for use. Hospital Pharmacy. 46(3) : 173-179, 2011.
- Assistant Clinical Professor (Department of Pharmacy Practice, Harrison School of Pharmacy, Auburn University 2011 - 2013)
- Adjunct Assistant Professor (Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of South Alabama 2011 - 2013)
- PGY-2 Critical Care Pharmacy Resident (Department of Pharmacy Services, Tampa General Hospital 2010 - 2011)
- PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Resident (Department of Pharmacy Services, Tampa General Hospital 2009 - 2010)