University of South Florida
College of Pharmacy
Mission, Vision, & Goals
(and Student Handbook)
The mission of the University of South Florida College of Pharmacy is to develop outstanding pharmacist clinicians that provide educational, preventive, and therapeutic pharmaceutical care services to patients, communities, and health care providers with foundational principles based upon innovation, leadership, achieving interprofessional collaboration, application of clinical evidence, and life-long learning values.
The University of South Florida College of Pharmacy will create an academic and clinical learning environment known for:
· Producing outstanding pharmacist clinicians trained in advanced healthcare principles to provide exceptional patient-centered care
· Creating an interprofessional academic healthcare environment that respects the significant contributions of pharmacists within the healthcare team
· Implementing patient-centered learning models for our faculty and students based on the active application of advanced technology
· Providing a collegial and nurturing environment where students will incorporate principles of life-long learning into their continued professional development and clinical pharmacy practice
· Developing cutting-edge research in pharmaceutical sciences, drug discovery, clinical translational research, and clinical trials participation
· Recognition of the need and develop strategies to provide community outreach to underrepresented and underserved communities
· Create pharmacist clinicians to provide high-level pharmaceutical care services in various clinical and business arenas
· Strive to create clinicians that are trained in the most advanced medication therapy modalities encountered in the delivery of healthcare, with emphasis on aging populations
· Development of professionals recognized for their leadership abilities in various healthcare settings
· Enhance access by practicing pharmacy and healthcare clinicians to academic pharmacy resources through research opportunities, clinical activities, and continuing education
· Create a diverse learning environment for students and faculty
· Utilize emerging technologies for advanced learning opportunities for faculty, students, and healthcare professionals.
· Create outreach opportunities for students and faculty to serve in underrepresented and underserved communities
· Develop a system that strives for continuous assessment and improvement of teaching, clinical, and research activities to ensure the achievement of the mission, vision, and strategic initiatives.
A copy of the Student Handbook may be found here: Student Handbook