RN to Bachelor's
The RN to Bachelor's Sequence (NRN) is for students currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse. The RN to BS option allows an RN with a diploma or an associate’s degree in nursing from a regionally accredited school to earn a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in nursing.Applicants must meet the following requirements before applying for this program:
- Acceptance at the USF undergraduate admissions office
- An overall GPA of 2.50 or higher on all undergraduate work (excluding Associate of Science Nursing courses)
- Associates Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution. Nursing diploma will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Must reside in the state of Florida with evidence of current Florida RN licensure in good standing (Exemption: Those who reside in the state of Pennsylvania).
- Completion of the following pre-requisite courses by the application deadline for the intended term of entry with a minimum grade of "C" in each:
- English Composition I (3) ENC 1101
- English Composition II (3) ENC 1102
The state-mandated nursing common prerequisites are required to be completed before graduation from the RN-BS program. Students may be in progress of completing these nursing prerequisite courses while applying to the program.
- BSC X085C Human Anatomy & Physiology I or any Human Anatomy & Physiology I course, 4 semester hours
- BSC X086C Human Anatomy & Physiology II or any Human Anatomy & Physiology II course, 4 semester hours
- CHM, BSC, PHY, PCB, BCH XXXX Any Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or Biochemistry course, 3 semester hours
- DEP X004 Human Growth & Development course, 3 semester hours
- HUN X201 Human Nutrition or any Human Nutrition course OR NUR 1192, 3 semester hours
- MCB X010C Microbiology or Any Microbiology course, 4 semester hours
- PSY, SYG, or SOP XXXX Any Psychology, Sociology, or Social Psychology course, 3 semester hours
- STA X014 Statistics or any Statistics course, 3 semester hours
IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION:All admitted nursing students are required to complete a Background Check, Immunization Verification, and Drug Screening. Admitted students will be provided with the steps to complete this process.
||First week of class|
|MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Tdap Booster (Documentation), TB Skin Test, CPR Certification (American Heart Association), Flu Shot
USF Foundations of Knowledge and Learning (FKL) RequirementsThe University's Foundations of Knowledge and Learning Core Curriculum (General Education) requirements and College of Nursing's prerequisite/support courses may be completed through the A.A. degree from a Florida College System institution. If a student wishes to transfer without an A.A. degree and has fewer than 60 semester hours of acceptable credit, the student must meet the university's entering freshman requirements including ACT or SAT test scores, GPA, and course requirements. The A.A. degree satisfies admission requirements only if courses are carefully selected and include the required major prerequisite/support courses.
The College of Nursing requires certain courses within the Foundations of Knowledge and Learning Core Curriculum (General Education) requirement for the natural, social and behavioral sciences, and mathematics. All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher. All courses not approved by the Florida State Course Numbering System (includes all Florida public colleges, universities, and College System institutions) used to satisfy these prerequisite requirements will be evaluated individually on the basis of content and will require a catalog course description and a copy of the syllabus for assessment.
Foundations of Knowledge and Learning The College of Nursing requires certain courses within the University's FKL requirements for the natural, social and behavioral sciences, and mathematics. Students should contact their academic advisor for the list of FKL courses approved to meet the College of Nursing requirements. Courses that meet the state mandated common prerequisites may also meet the USF FKL requirements. Students with a Florida community college A.A. degree (other than in nursing) will be considered to have met all of the USF General Education requirements.
- English Composition (6)
- Fine Arts (3)
- Human and Cultural Diversity in a Global Context (3)
- Humanities (6)
- Mathematics OR (3) Mathematics AND (3) Quantitative Reasoning (6)
- Natural Sciences (Life Science) (3)
- Natural Sciences (Physical Science) (3)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (6)
Six credits of the above coursework must be completed in Human and Historical Context and Process courses. All students are required to meet the university requirements for foreign language. Please consult the catalog for specific undergraduate requirements.
For More InformationThe College of Nursing offers prospective students a number of ways to obtain more information about our programs:
- Submit a Question: Ask a question, get an answer.
- Live Information Sessions: Attend a live information session at the College of Nursing.
- Contact us via email or phone with further questions at: email@example.com or (813) 974-2191
All information contained in this document is for informational purposes only and is superseded by the catalog for your intended term of entry.