Travel Guidelines for USF Morsani College of Medicine Students
Please note that the following information is meant to be used only by University of South Florida Medicine Students. It is not intended to be used and should not be construed as general legal advice.
USF Health is expanding its opportunities for faculty and students to gain international educational experiences. We are also committed to the safety and well-being of faculty and students traveling abroad. USF Medicine International has created an international travel document with recommendations for the health and safety of medical students from the Morsani College of Medicine while traveling internationally and guidelines for completing USF required documentation for any non-vacation travel (including but not limited to field experiences, study abroad, clinical rotations, volunteer health clinics, student organization trips, mission trips, conferences).
For USF MCOM students traveling abroad for any non-vacation travel abroad (including field experience, clinical rotation, volunteer health clinic, student organizations, conferences), please follow these steps in completing your travel packet:
- All students are required to purchase the CISI Travel Insurance for any international travel. Purchase your CISI Travel Insurance.
* USF requires program participants to purchase through CISI emergency, medical, and evacuation insurance valid for the dates of the program. Please note that the CISI insurance does not include trip cancellation coverage or travel insurance (theft, costs due to delays in travel time, etc.), or pre-existing conditions. If you are concerned about additional coverage, you are advised to seek additional coverage through your own carrier. It also does not cover travel outside the dates and locations of program. Those who plan to travel independently, either in advance of the program or after the program ends, must ensure that they have insurance coverage valid outside the U.S. and travel at their own risk.
- Print and sign the USF Health International Experience Participant Contract and USF Health Liability Waiver. Submit forms via email or fax them to the number below.
- Review the International Travel Preparation Packet and AAMC Guidelines for Students Traveling Abroad.
- It is highly recommended that you follow and complete the travel guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)'s list of vaccines to your destination. Please click here or go the CDC's website for travel information to your destination.
24 Hour Emergency Contact Phone Number:
Please be aware that the USF Education Abroad office has a 24 hours emergency phone number,
(813) 317-5815, should you have an emergency while abroad. We recommend you take this number with you and/or program this number into your cell phone.
USF Medicine International
Attn: Linman Li
17 Davis Bldg, Suite 412
Tampa, FL 33606
Phone: (813) 844-8204
Fax: (813) 844-8013