Travel Guidelines for USF Morsani College of Medicine Students
Please note that the following information is meant to be used only by University of South Florida Medicine Students. It is not intended to be used and should not be construed as general legal advice.
USF Health is expanding its opportunities for faculty and students to gain international educational experiences. We are also committed to the safety and well-being of faculty and students traveling abroad. USF Medicine International has created an international travel document with recommendations for health and safety while traveling internationally and guidelines for completing USF required documentation for academic-related international trips.
For USF COM students traveling abroad for academic purposes only, please follow these steps in completing your travel packet:
1) All students are required to purchase the CISI Travel Insurance for any international travel. Click here to purchase your CISI Travel Insurance.
2) Once you have purchased your CISI Insurance, click HERE to complete the electronic International Travel Form for USF Medical Students:
**Please note: You will need to have the following in front of you when completing this form:
- Your COM Advisor’s names and department
- Your emergency contact information
- Your host country advisor’s address and contact information
- The address and a phone number where you will be staying
- The Embassy address/phone in the country where you will be staying
- Your passport #
- Your CISI insurance policy #
3) Print and sign the Release and Waiver of Liability & Assumption of Risk and Participant Contract
4) Print and sign the Conduct Contract for USF Students Traveling Abroad
5) Provide the policy number of your Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) Travel Insurance.
6) Provide a photocopy of the photo/ID page of your passport
7) Print and review the International Travel Preparation Packet
8) Review the AAMC Guidelines for Students Traveling Abroad
- Item 2 (International Travel form) will be electronically submitted
- Items 3-6 should be scanned and submitted via email or by fax to the number below
- Items 7-8 are for you to keep for your records
USF Medicine International
Attn: Brooke Engman
1 Tampa General Circle, G318
Tampa, FL 33606